Surely it comes as no surprise that ruffles are one of the top SS17 trends!
Whether it’s a shirt, a blouse, a dress, a skirt or even a jacket, ruffles are used as the perfect detail.
When you think of frills, flounces and ruffles, you are travelling back to the 80’s decade, where all this stuff was conquering the catwalks. However this historical trend has gotten a modern makeover to embrace a new mood of elegance and femininity. There’s a ruffled look for everyone.
So many ruffles, so much inspiration. Frills give a high-fashion tone to modern looks, from the sleeves to the ankles and across the center of the chest. There are so many different combinations of this style to take your look to a whole new level.
Enjoy the frills and ruffles on every part of your outfit!
Do: Try them on all kind of fabric, there’s a variety of choices: chiffon, satin, leather, mesh or laces.
Don’t: Make your outfit too loud. Add them once in your look. Choose to add them either on a jacket or a top, either on pants or on a blouse, not on both parts.
Some of our fav’s:
- Lynne – Crop jumpsuit with ruffles – €88.00
- Na-kd – Luca Frill Shirt – €33.40
- Zara- Embroidered Jacket with frills – €49.95
- Topshop – Petite Metallic Frill Mini Skirt – €52.00
- Mango – Ruffled cotton top – €29.99
- Na-kd – Asymmetric Frill Dress – €78.08
- Topshop – Mermaid Frill Flare Trousers – €29.00